Here is my Shadow CV, inspired by Melanie Stefan’s article and others.
After grad school
- September 2023
- Two rejections (one second-author paper and one last-author paper) from NeurIPS 2023 main track.
- One rejection from AAAI 2024 (second-author paper).
- July 2023
- Two intramural seed grant applications rejected.
- May 2023
- Two papers rejected from ACL 2023.
- April 2023
- One second-author paper rejected from IJCAI 2023.
- One last-author paper rejected from ICML 2023.
- January 2023
- Not selected for first round of campus visits for tenure-track position at the School of Information at UArizona (I ended up being invited for the second round and getting the job).
- December 2021
- One second-author paper rejected from AAMAS 2022.
- May 2021
- One first-author paper rejected from the IEEE Conference on Games (this ended up being published as a book chapter later).
- March 2021
- Submitted 1-page whitepaper to DSO Days, did not get selected to meet with a program officer.
- Failed written comprehensive exams twice, had to petition to take them a third time.
- Rejected from 19 out of 21 PhD programs I applied to.
- Rejected from every single summer REU program I applied to.
- Rejected from 13 out of the 14 colleges I applied to.
- Did not make the cutoff for the IITs in the IIT-JEE exam.